Wednesday, April 6

LIKE DREAMER'S DO

It's so easy to wish that you were somewhere else other than where you are when times are bumpy. You start daydreaming of where you would rather be and predict no worries in that imaginary place. I remember the first time I ran away was when I was in year four and I was eleven years old. 

I had had an argument with mum and dad about what seemed quite un-fair at the time and so I packed my school bag and walked a few blocks down our street. I didn’t know what I was going to do, or where I was going, but all I knew was that I didn’t want to be home. Only two hours later, I realised things were not that bad as I began to walk back to the home that I longed for once again. 

Similar to many movies I had watched growing up, the predictable lesson learned at the end was that running away is not the answer. And often when you stay long enough to see things through a clearer set of eyes – what may seem as gargantuan qualms can often be untangled right where you are. There are many motives why anyone from time to time would long to plot an escape plan. Maybe it’s because of a broken heart? Or because of a mistake they made? Or maybe it’s because things simply feel empty where they currently stand. Whatever the reason may be, It's nice to remember that clouds don't stick around forever and that it's much better to untangle things before you pack your bags, just incase things aren't that bad in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment