Monday, March 21

INSIDE-OUTSIDE HOUSEWARMING





A few years ago I had an idea to have an inside-outside party. It never came to life due to a combination of things; lack of a pretty backyard and lack of a side kick to pull it all off with. However it wasn’t long after I was carting around the last box into our new house that I realised I now have both these things; a lovely garden with shady trees and grass and the wonderful and helpful Kieran.  

Lots of things inspired me to have this idea; old left over vintage furniture, ferngully and the secret garden, new and old friends, white daises and saying goodbye to summer and hello to our new house.

The day before this day, it rained heavily. I panicked that everything would not pan out as I had imagined in my head. However this was not the case. Kieran and I decorated outside as our friends arrived bearing gifts and hugs. The sun came out to play as everyone drank and yakked under the shaded trees. We all got louder as the day/night grew older. That morning I had bought a few disposable cameras that ended up circling around the party changing hands. These are the photographs that were taken. I really do hope they show justice of the good times that was had by all who was present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment