Friday, January 21

MY EX-BOYFRIEND NICOTINE

A bunch of my friends introduced Nicotine to me one weekend a few years ago. At first I wasn’t sure if I liked him or not. He had a real bad reputation and he kinda’ smelt like shit. But slowly and surely, I fell in-love. Our hangouts went from just the weekends to every now and then through the week and before I knew it, our Facebook status confirmed us as being 'In a Relationship'. I would go crazy without being with him even just for a few hours.
After time, I started to realise that my boyfriend Nicotine was in fact a total dick. On several occasions we were refused entry to pubs and restaurants because he was banned from there and often he would make me sit outside in the freezing cold. He would ask me for $15 every few days, and went all weird when taxes came around, and started abusing me for an extra $2. What the fuck was up with that?
Several failed attempts were made to finally leave the idiot for good. But everywhere I went, he was there. Every time I was having drinks with friends, he was there. Every time I walked down the street he was there. Somehow he would find a way back into my life. It would be the same cycle, I would say ‘one last time won’t hurt’ and crave the quick fix that he would bring. Although I knew I would regret it the next morning, I would go back to him and just like predicted; regret would always follow. My clothes would stink like him and I would feel sick to my stomach. 
I am much happier now. It has been 3 months since Nicotine and I broke up. I decided that he was no good for me and that my life would be better without him. My friends and family are glad and frankly I never really loved him anyhow. Sometimes I look around at others who are still in abusive relationships with Nicotine and wonder why the hell they stick around. I just want to say to them “Do yourself a favor, dump the fuckwit and lead a happy and healthy life! Please excuse my French.

No comments:

Post a Comment