Wednesday, March 21

DESERT HOT SPRINGS














We left Anaheim the next morning and headed East towards Desert Hot Springs. We drove for 7 long hours in the blazing heat. I kept my eyes wide open and gazed outside my window with wonder. I watched the tall palm trees that had occupied us all over California transform into stubby cacti. For hours on end civilisation slowly disappeared from either sides of the road and there was nothing left to gaze at other than shades of brown, blue and red from the shy sky hiding behind some towering mountains. 

Every now and then we would come across small country towns to stop for a stretch and gas. When we reached Desert Hot Springs we pulled into an RV park that has quickly become one of the dearest places I have been to in the world. We found it accidentally by cutting our trip in half to have a nights rest. 

It felt like an oasis in the middle of the desert. That night we climbed the roof of our van again to get closer to the surrounding red mountains. The night was dry and warm. It looked like the type of  place that never suffers from the cold. We stayed up there for hours talking about how lucky we are to be living out our dreams. I looked to Kieran and said 'Today was the best day of my life!' He told me 'You said that yesterday!' And all I did was smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment