Tuesday, October 9

FALLING IN-LOVE WITH FALL

This point of the year is very familiar to me, the trees are beginning to shed its leaves as they fall on the ground and prepare to be carried around by the wind. This morning when I got up was the first morning in a long time that I was able to hug my blanket and curl my feet due to the air becoming crisp which makes it quite clear that summer has come and gone. 

I lay contently in bed thinking how funny it is how the same pattern and habits unfolds every single year. How we crave a new season during the wind up of an old one. I remember at the end of last winter and how I felt. I missed the sun and I missed sitting outside enjoying the warmth with good friends. Where even of nighttime you didn’t need a jacket and there is never a rush to be in the comfort of closed doors.

However now days as summer begins to pack up and leave me, I sit here craving winter as I predict the comforts that it has to bring me as it has done so in the past. I am looking forward to wearing socks around the house, drinking warm tea before bed and using the coldness as a perfect excuse and alibi to stay home and watch countless of movies one after the other without feeling guilty. I guess I will never break this pattern of mine and I don’t think I want to really. It’s nice to always have something to look forward to. And at this point of time – I am looking forward to winter.

1 comment:

  1. What ever climate we had we should have device to make our home comfortable to stay with.

    ReplyDelete