Thursday, August 18

LOVE + SUNSHINE


Lately I have been leaving my home early and getting home late to teach a young girl I know from work how to drive. She wants to have a summer surrounded by independence and freedom. She asked me if I was sure I wanted to take so much time to help her and all I said was – of course, because my father taught me

I remember clearly each morning before school, my father was never late. He would hand over the car keys and we would drive and talk about sweet nothings. He taught me the rights and wrongs of the road, as well as many other aspects of my life for that matter.

One afternoon I let this young girl drive home, we stopped by her partner’s grandmother’s house and out the front yard lived a half a dozen of bright purple blooming lavenders. I hesitated in picking some until the sweet old lady came out with a pair of scissors to lend me a hand in picking the perfect bunch. She talked about how a friend of hers gave her these lavender plants when they were just modest weeds and how with love and sunshine – they bloom into tall, beautiful flowers. I thought about how important that moment was for me. It reminded me that this is all each of us needs really – love and sunshine.  Nothing else.

3 comments:

  1. This lavenders are simply gorgeous-just like your story!Thank you!

    Moving Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy I found and read your post , because it made me stop and think of the what is really important in life! thank you for your wisdom!

    Handy Moves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comments. Much love Pauline.

    ReplyDelete